Today’s bonus episode guest is Aimee McNew, a certified nutritionist and infertility survivor who told her personal infertility story in Episode 04. Aimee is passionate about women’s health, specifically in how hormone imbalances affect ovulation and other fertility issues.
Aimee and Heather discuss everything you need to know about combatting weight gain during infertility treatments:
- Weight gain during fertility treatments seems to come with the territory. With so much to mentally wrap your brain around in this process, how can you mentally and physically prepare before starting treatments?
- We talked about this last time you were on, but why is it important to stay on top of your weight while undergoing fertility treatments?
- In your experience, were there treatments that might cause someone to gain more weight than others? Why is that?
- Are there certain foods you can eat during treatments to help with the weight gain? Or perhaps it’s just foods to avoid?
- Because treatments often require you to stop your favorite high-impact exercises, what types of exercise can you do throughout that help counteract weight gain but don’t derail your cycle?
- Are there certain activities and/or foods you recommend for in between cycles?
- Are there any other tips or advice you’d like to offer about this topic?
- What words of encouragement would you give to women who’ve already gained weight from fertility treatments and are now ready to start tackling it?