Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Maria Rothenburger, a psychotherapist who specializes in infertility. If you haven’t already listened to it, she shared her personal infertility story in Episode 18.
Dr. Rothenburger and Heather discuss specific ideas to help you stay sane during the two week wait:
- Step away from the computer and phone.
- Create a distraction game plan.
- Start a journal.
- Name your feelings.
- Exercise self care.
- Allow yourself some sad days.
- Make a daily intention.
- Practice one or more relaxation techniques.
- Try defensive pessimism.
- Avoid symptom spotting.
- To test or not to test.
- Plant a hope garden.
- Delegate the burden among your support team.
- Schedule obsessing time.
- What other tips do you have for surviving the two week wait?
BONUS: Check out BONUS 17 for a discount code for some of Dr. Rothenburger’s services.