Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Maria Rothenburger, a psychotherapist who specializes in infertility. If you haven’t already listened to it, she shared her personal infertility story in Episode 18.
Dr. Rothenburger and Heather discuss everything you need to know about how to cope with a diagnosis of no viable eggs, sperm, or even uterus using therapy and coaching:
- Before we dive deep into today’s topic, I would love to hear the differences between therapy and coaching.
- What tips do you have for finding the right therapist? What about the right coach?
- For each of the following scenarios, I was hoping we could go through what the typical first several therapy and coaching sessions might look like, step-by-step.
- My partner and I have just been told he has no sperm.
- My partner and I have just been told I have no viable eggs.
- My partner and I have just been told I cannot carry a child.
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
BONUS: Check out BONUS 17 for a discount code for some of Dr. Rothenburger’s services.
Words of Hope:If you feel the need to vent about stressful situations and negative emotions, then focus on therapy, not coaching. Click To Tweet
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Enjoy This Episode?
* Make a one-time or ongoing donation to the show.
* Tell your fertility clinic and/or in-person support group about the show.
* Leave a review on iTunes to bring awareness of the show to others.
For other ways to support the show, click here.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thank you so much for listening this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!