Amy Medling is a certified health coach and the founder of PCOS Diva. It is her life’s work to help women use their PCOS diagnosis to transform their lives, fulfill their goals, and BEAT INFERTILITY.
Amy’s journey to become a PCOS Diva may be familiar to you. In her teens, she began to suffer with the symptoms of PCOS including hirsutism, weight gain, irregular cycles, and acne. Her symptoms carried on through adulthood where getting pregnant was mentally and physically challenging. She felt hopeless and out of control — a victim of her own body.
Like you, Amy struggled with her symptoms and searched for answers. Through the use of fertility treatments, she was able to give life to two beautiful boys. After the birth of her youngest son, her PCOS symptoms did not subside, and she began to look for better answers. She found health, hope and happiness when she changed her diet, exercise, and perspective. She also gave birth to a beautiful baby girl!
Amy and Heather tackle the topic of taking control over your PCOS by answering the following questions:
- What causes PCOS, and what are some of the classic symptoms?
- What are the latest treatments for PCOS?
- In your PCOS 101 eBook, you mention it’s important to assemble the correct healthcare team. Who exactly should be on that team and why?
- You say on your website, “Changing what you eat can have an immediate and lasting effect on your health and reduce your symptoms.” What specifically do you suggest women change about their diet?
- What exercises are best for women with PCOS and why?
- What supplements do you recommend women with PCOS add to their regimen?
- What words of hope would you offer to someone with PCOS looking to have a baby?