Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Maria Rothenburger, a psychotherapist who specializes in infertility. If you haven’t already listened to it, she shared her personal infertility story in Episode 18.
Dr. Rothenburger and Heather discuss how to support your partner through male factor infertility:
- When a couple’s diagnosis is male factor infertility, what might the male partner be feeling — both initially and as time goes on?
- How do men tend to deal with these emotions, and how does their approach differ from women?
- Regardless of what he might say or how he might act, how can women learn to read between the lines to determine what a man is really feeling about his infertility, and how might she be supportive in each scenario?
- Overall, what are some general tips or strategies for supporting your male partner when he’s been diagnosed with male factor?
- How might sex be impacted by a male factor diagnosis, and what can the female partner do to keep that aspect of the relationship going strong?
- Beyond sexual issues, entire relationships can be strained as a result of male factor. What can the female partner do to keep their overall relationship strong and healthy?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add about this topic?
BONUS: Check out BONUS 17 for a discount code for some of Dr. Rothenburger’s services.
Words of Hope:You may not enjoy all the trips and falls, but they make the symbiosis more joyful when things go right. Click To Tweet
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Enjoy This Episode?
* Make a one-time or ongoing donation to the show.
* Tell your fertility clinic and/or in-person support group about the show.
* Leave a review on iTunes to bring awareness of the show to others.
For other ways to support the show, click here.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thank you so much for listening this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!