Today’s guest is Jake Anderson, co-founder of FertilityIQ. We discuss his latest research about the role of your RE and patient education when deciding how many embryos to transfer.
- What made you want to explore this topic?
- Explain the research methodology and what you found.
- Let’s dive into the specifics, starting with doctor recommendations. I was shocked at how many doctors recommended multiple embryo transfers prior to 2010 — and how there’s really been a major shift toward single embryo transfers in recent years. Tell listeners what you found here.
- With regard to clinician influence, I was surprised more decisions weren’t patient-driven. I know mine was. Again, tell listeners what you found here.
- Regarding perception of discussion and timing, I was not shocked by your results. If you could get into those.
- I was also not shocked by the uneven level of dissemination of information. What did you find here?
- Do you personally think doctors should wield as much power as they do, or perhaps even more, over the embryo transfer decision?
- How can this process be improved, in your opinion?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?