Today’s guest is Shannon Curiel, Director of Sales of Reproductive Medicine at Cryoport. We discuss everything you need to know about shipping frozen embryos, eggs, and sperm.
- Give us a brief overview of what Cryoport does.
- How does shipping frozen embryos, eggs, and sperm work? Is there a different process for each?
- How is the shipment tracked?
- How long can frozen samples be in transit?
- What types of problems can arise during the shipping, and how is each one typically handled?
- Is there any chance of damage during the process of shipping from one clinic to another?
- Is there some type of insurance patients can purchase to rely upon in the event of damage? If so, do you recommend it?
- How exactly does the coordination between clinics work, and do you have any tips for making this process as smooth as possible?
- Is international shipping possible? If so, do you have any tips for clearing customs?
- How is cost determined?
- What tips do you have for selecting the right shipping company?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
Words of Hope:We understand the importance and the unique nature of your shipment. We want it to be safe. Click To Tweet
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Enjoy This Episode?
* Make a one-time or ongoing donation to the show.
* Tell your fertility clinic and/or in-person support group about the show.
* Leave a review on iTunes to bring awareness of the show to others. For other ways to support the show, click here.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thank you so much for listening this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!