Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Craig Niederberger, a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago and board certified urologist. We discuss exactly what a semen analysis tells you and how to approach the special case of azoospermia.
- It’s been a while since you were on the show, so I’d like to reintroduce you to the audience. Tell us about your background and how and why you became a reproductive urologist.
- What does a semen analysis tell you? Let’s break down each part and what it means:
- Round cell count
- What are the different ways of conducting a semen analysis?
- Why is it important to have a dedicated semen analysis lab?
- Why is a hospital-based semen analysis less helpful?
- How it’s diagnosed
- How it’s treated and approached
- Is there any new research tied to male infertility, perhaps azoospermia in particular, that you can explain to listeners?
- Please share some hopeful success stories about patients with azoospermia.