Today’s success story is about a woman named Nikki. Earlier in life, she didn’t think she even wanted to get married, let alone have a family. But all of that changed when she met her husband. After a whirlwind romance, they began trying to conceive and quickly became pregnant with their son. However, when it came time to try for baby #2, she suffered two miscarriages and sought the help of her OB/GYN. She was diagnosed with secondary unexplained infertility, but as a military family, she felt she’d be better off figuring out the answer on her own rather than pursuing a reproductive endocrinologist. Join us to hear how she never lost hope and in fact became more determined than ever after hearing her diagnosis.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- At age 35, Nikki lives now in Boulder, CO, after a recent move from Hawaii
- How she met her husband and was engaged after only three months
- Trying for a second child but experiencing multiple miscarriages
- Her OB-GYN and the diagnosis: secondary unexplained infertility
- Limited treatment options available to military families
- Why Nikki became adamant about “figuring it out”
- How acupuncture made a difference
- Natural fertility planning, dietary changes, supplements, Chinese herbs, and visual meditations
- Nikki’s regimen to find answers and strive for balance
- Learning of the pregnancy: excited and terrified
- How her journey has led to her profession now
- Hypnotherapy and how it works, removing fears and blockages
- Reiki: Japanese energy healing
- How infertility has changed Nikki: “It’s made me more aware of the impact of infertility on others. I’ve become more compassionate and understanding about people’s ideas about motherhood, pregnancy, and loss.”
- Nikki’s advice to herself back then: “It’s always about balance. Stay in balance. When you’re out of balance, you’ll have symptoms that are physical and emotional.”
Words of Hope:It will happen when it's supposed to happen. Don't take NO for an answer. Click To Tweet
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Enjoy This Episode?
* Make a one-time or ongoing donation to the show.
* Tell your fertility clinic and/or in-person support group about the show.
* Leave a review on iTunes to bring awareness of the show to others.
For other ways to support the show, click here.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thank you so much for listening this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!