Today’s guest is Maja Zecevic, founder of Opionato. We discuss everything you need to know about obtaining a second opinion regarding your fertility treatment plan.
- Before we get into today’s topic, I’d love to hear your personal infertility story.
- Let’s do a deep dive into the reasons why listeners should seek out a second opinion regarding their fertility.
- Non-life threatening situations where customers are left to make their own choices
- Mostly self-paid, so providers have no incentive to save on cost
- High failure rate, and the quickest approach might not be the best
- Care is complicated when he has the medical problem but she is the patient
- Care is multidisciplinary but not all clinics have the right experts on staff
- Patients do not choose clinics rationally
- Differing technologies and protocols
- Other than what you’ve already discussed, are there certain signs it’s time for a second opinion?
- How can a patient prepare to receive a second opinion? What information and paperwork do they need to gather from their current clinic?
- What should a patient expect from a second opinion?
- What tips do you have for choosing a clinic to provide a second opinion?
- I’d like to hear about Opionato. Why did you start it, and what services do you offer?
- Why might someone choose Opionato over a traditional clinic?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
Words of Hope:You are the best advocate for yourself and your partner. Do everything that optimizes your chances. Click To Tweet
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Two options for collection of your medical records: www.patientbank.us and www.picnichealth.com
Enjoy This Episode?
* Make a one-time or ongoing donation to the show.
* Tell your fertility clinic and/or in-person support group about the show.
* Leave a review on iTunes to bring awareness of the show to others. For other ways to support the show, click here.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thank you so much for listening this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!