Today’s guest is Vanessa Van Edwards, the lead investigator at The Science of People. Vanessa has authored several books, including Captivate, which was chosen as one of Apple’s most anticipated books of 2017. We discuss the science of happiness and how you can achieve it.
- I’d like to learn a little bit more about you. What’s your background, and what led you to research the science of happiness?
- What is happiness, and what are the scientifically-proven benefits?
- You’ve broken the science of happiness down into a 10-day course over on CreativeLive, which I recommend everyone listening head over and take. Obviously you share a lot more in the course, but I’d like to hear specifically about a couple different aspects:
- Happy ROI: 50% genetic, 10% environment, 40% in our control
- The Negativity Bias (and retraining it with the Tetris Effect)
- Learned Helplessness
- Skill Based Happiness
- Gratitude Totems
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
Words of Hope:Happiness doesn’t come from obvious sources. Mastery, capability, and control are happy-making feelings and… Click To Tweet
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Enjoy This Episode?
* Make a one-time or ongoing donation to the show.
* Tell your fertility clinic and/or in-person support group about the show.
* Leave a review on iTunes to bring awareness of the show to others. For other ways to support the show, click here.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thank you so much for listening this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!