Today’s guest is Amber Kiddie, a registered nurse at the Fertility Centers of Illinois. We discuss the role nurses play on the patient treatment team, tips for communicating with your nurse, and so much more.
- How did you become a fertility nurse at the Fertility Centers of Illinois? Walk us through your training and career path.
- Describe the role of a fertility nurse on the patient treatment team.
- What does a day in the life of a fertility nurse look like? Walk us through a typical day for you.
- What is your favorite part of the job and why?
- What about your least favorite part?
- When you first meet with a new patient, what is your process for understanding their unique case and what they need from you as their nurse?
- What are some tips you have for patients about how to work as a team with their fertility nurse?
- How do you keep up with the latest information in the fertility world? Have you seen anything exciting recently that listeners should know about?
- What are some of your most memorable success stories? What were their diagnoses, what treatment options were attempted, what eventually worked, etc.?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
Words of Hope:It’s truly a pleasure and privilege to be a fertility nurse and to be let into couples’ lives. Click To Tweet
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Enjoy This Episode?
* Make a one-time or ongoing donation to the show.
* Tell your fertility clinic and/or in-person support group about the show.
* Leave a review on iTunes to bring awareness of the show to others. For other ways to support the show, click here.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thank you so much for listening this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!