Today’s bonus episode guest is Valerie Kolick, a neuropsychotherapist and relationship expert.
Valerie and Heather discuss removing the fears and tension from your relationship with your partner:
- I’d like to start by hearing a little bit about you. Tell us about your academic background and training.
- Why did you choose a career in helping couples with their relationships?
- Take us through your career.
- How do I get rid of this fear that my partner will no longer love me or he/she will leave me since “all of this is my fault”?
- How do I talk to my partner about this fear?
- How do I let go of this self-blame, guilt, and shame so it’s not affecting my relationship and my wellness?
- What do I do when my partner is blaming himself/herself?
- How can I help take the pain away from my partner?
- My partner doesn’t have to go through all of the pain, procedures, and appointments that I do, and I find myself getting really resentful about this. How can I let go?
- The disconnection between my partner and I keeps getting bigger and bigger. What can I do about this?
- How do I get my partner to care more? He/she barely reacts after disappointing news or exciting news.
- My partner tells me I’m overreacting. How can I get him/her to support me more and not make me feel bad about my emotions?
- How can we cope together?
- What are some healing ceremonies we can do after a loss or celebration ceremonies after a win?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
- What words of hope would you offer to couples who are struggling to maintain their relationship during their infertility journey?
- Valerie Kolick, neuropsychotherapist and relationship expert