Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Maria Rothenburger, a psychotherapist who specializes in infertility. If you haven’t already listened to it, she shared her personal infertility story in Episode 18.
Dr. Rothenburger and Heather discuss post-traumatic growth and how it relates to infertility:
- Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional. Would you agree?
- What is post-traumatic growth, and why might going through infertility cause it?
- Let’s talk about the five pillars in more detail. What should listeners know about each one?
- Appreciation of life
- Relationships with others
- New possibilities in life
- Personal strength
- Spiritual change
- What are some steps listeners can take to grow from their pain?
- If you are not yet at the point of infertility being a traumatic event, is there a way to prepare yourself for post-traumatic growth in advance?
- How is post-traumatic growth different from resilience?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add about this topic?
BONUS: Check out BONUS 17 for a discount code for some of Dr. Rothenburger’s services.
Words of Hope:In every waking moment, you have a choice to be a host to growth or a hostage to suffering. It is TOTALLY your choice. Click To Tweet
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Enjoy This Episode?
* Make a one-time or ongoing donation to the show.
* Tell your fertility clinic and/or in-person support group about the show.
* Leave a review on iTunes to bring awareness of the show to others.
For other ways to support the show, click here.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thank you so much for listening this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!