Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Maria Rothenburger, a psychotherapist who specializes in infertility. If you haven’t already listened to it, she shared her personal infertility story in Episode 18.
Dr. Rothenburger and Heather discuss post-traumatic growth and how it relates to infertility:
- Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional. Would you agree?
- What is post-traumatic growth, and why might going through infertility cause it?
- Let’s talk about the five pillars in more detail. What should listeners know about each one?
- Appreciation of life
- Relationships with others
- New possibilities in life
- Personal strength
- Spiritual change
- What are some steps listeners can take to grow from their pain?
- If you are not yet at the point of infertility being a traumatic event, is there a way to prepare yourself for post-traumatic growth in advance?
- How is post-traumatic growth different from resilience?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add about this topic?
BONUS: Check out BONUS 17 for a discount code for some of Dr. Rothenburger’s services.