Dr. Palmerola and Heather discuss everything you need to know about pelvic inflammatory disease:
- I’d like to start by hearing a little bit about you. Tell us about your academic background and training.
- Why did you choose a career in reproductive medicine?
- Take us through your career.
PELVIC INFLAMMATORY DISEASE
- What is pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)?
- What causes PID?
- Who is at risk of developing PID?
- How common is PID?
- What are the symptoms of PID?
- How do you diagnose PID?
- How do you treat PID?
- Do you need to be hospitalized for the treatment of PID?
- What are the consequences of PID?
- For your patients with PID, do you recommend a specific fertility treatment? If so, why?
- How can you prevent PID?
- Talk to us about any recent research about PID and infertility.
- Do you have any PID success stories you can share?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
- What words of hope would you offer to women who have PID or had it in the past?