Today’s bonus episode guest is Alyssa Snider, director of genetic counseling at Igenomix.
Alyssa and Heather discuss new embryo genetic screening technology:
- I’d like to start by hearing a little bit about you. Tell us about your academic background and training.
- Why did you choose a career in genetic counseling?
- Take us through your career. (All the previous positions you’ve held and exactly what you do now.)
NEW GENETIC TESTING
- Can you explain a bit about the history of embryo genetic testing?
- Can you share examples of why patients would consider this?
- Over the years, have you seen an increase in pursuing this testing?
- What does the research say in terms of success rates for those who undergo testing?
- Before we jump into the new technology, I’d like to chat briefly about the current genetic testing options for embryos. Can you tell us about PGT-A, PGT-M, and PGT-SR?
- You have created a new embryo genetic testing option called Embrace. What makes it different?
- Can you take us through the process step-by-step?
- Can you tell us about the medical research supporting this new technology?
- How is genetic testing becoming more accessible to patients?
- What is a concordance rate, and how does it apply to PGT options?
- Where do all the PGT options rank in terms of accuracy?
- How long does it take to do an Embrace genetic test versus current options?
- Are there any scenarios in which traditional PGT tests would be recommended over Embrace?
- How can patients pursue Embrace testing?
- Overall, what recent research has been conducted around genetic testing of embryos? Can you summarize the findings?
- Where do you see the future of genetic testing going?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
- What words of hope would you offer to infertility warriors who are worried about testing their embryos?