Today’s guest is Heidi Brockmyre. A licensed acupuncturist based in San Diego, she uses holistic medicines to improve the well-being of women who are trying to conceive, are pregnant, or are in postpartum recovery. We discuss how to naturally prepare for an IVF cycle.
- Tell me your story. What do you do, and how did you get into this line of work?
- Today we’re going to be talking about how to naturally prepare for an IVF cycle. I’d like to do a deep dive into each of your tips:
- Prepare in advance
- Stock up on positivity, inspiration and humor!
- Eat the right foods
- Warm the abdomen BEFORE your transfer — and keep your feet warm before and after
- Stay hydrated with electrolytes (but preferably NOT with Gatorade)
- Avoid high-impact exercise and heavy lifting
- Practice self-acupressure point stimulation
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
Words of Hope:I’ve seen women who have been through it all on their journeys, and they were still able to find joy and balance. Click To Tweet
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Heidi Brockmyre‘s website
Enjoy This Episode?
* Make a one-time or ongoing donation to the show.
* Tell your fertility clinic and/or in-person support group about the show.
* Leave a review on iTunes to bring awareness of the show to others. For other ways to support the show, click here.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thank you so much for listening this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!