Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Mike Large, director of genomic laboratories at CooperGenomics, which provides PGS and other reproductive genetic testing.
Dr. Large and Heather discuss everything you need to know about mosaicism:
- Tell me a little about yourself and your role at CooperGenomics.
- What is PGS and what was it originally designed to detect?
- What is mosaicism and how is it detected?
- How common is mosaicism?
- How accurate is mosaicism detection? What are the risks in relying on a single biopsy?
- What is the difference between normal, abnormal, and mosaic embryos? Does mosaicism exist on a scale?
- What is the prognosis of transferring a mosaic embryo vs. a normal one, and why? Is it even safe to transfer a mosaic embryo?
- What is the latest research around mosaicism? What future research still needs to be conducted?
- Do you know of any success stories involving mosaic embryos? If so, please tell us a bit about those cases.
- What words of hope would you offer to someone who’s just received a report that either some or all of their embryos are mosaic?
Words of Hope:We have some positive outcomes with mosaics. It comes down to your life story and what you're willing to go through. Click To Tweet
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Enjoy This Episode?
* Make a one-time or ongoing donation to the show.
* Tell your fertility clinic and/or in-person support group about the show.
* Leave a review on iTunes to bring awareness of the show to others.
For other ways to support the show, click here.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thank you so much for listening this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!