Dr. Rothenburger and Heather discuss how to manage relationships with friends and family while also battling infertility:
- What are some of the different ways in which infertility can impact friendships?
- How can a woman with infertility tell her fertile friends what she’s going through in a way that will garner their support? What happens when that support is not received?
- What are some ways to approach when an infertile woman is told by a fertile friend that she’s pregnant?
- What about when the infertile woman is invited to the baby shower?
- What about friendships between infertile women where one is “left behind”? Inevitably, someone will get pregnant last…or not at all.
- What are some of the ways in which family can react to learning you are having troubles with infertility?
- How can a woman with infertility tell her family what she’s going through in a way that will garner their support? What happens when that support is not received?
- To end this episode on a high note, do you have any parting words of advice about friendships or relationships with family?
BONUS: Check out BONUS 17 for a discount code for some of Dr. Rothenburger’s services.