Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Maria Rothenburger, a psychotherapist who specializes in infertility. If you haven’t already listened to it, she shared her personal infertility story in Episode 18.
Dr. Rothenburger and Heather discuss how to manage intense emotions:
- What are emotions, and why do we have them?
- What are the most intense emotions listeners might feel during their infertility journeys? Let’s break them down by thoughts, physical sensations, and behaviors.
- Surprise or amazement
- Is there any research around intense emotions?
- How can listeners handle intense emotions?
- Is there a difference between how listeners can or should approach intense emotions in public versus in private?
- How can listeners build up resilience against negative intense emotions?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
- What words of hope would you offer to listeners who are struggling with intense emotions?
BONUS: Check out BONUS 17 for a discount code for some of Dr. Rothenburger’s services.