Today’s success story is about a woman named Jennifer. Because she has an autoimmune disease, she always suspected she was going to have trouble conceiving. However, to this day, she has not received an official diagnosis. Despite being told she had low AMH, her doctors never went as far as calling it diminished ovarian reserve. Let’s listen to how, through loss and four IVF cycles, she sought second opinions and advocated her way to success.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- How she and her husband met in Vegas through a mutual friend
- Jennifer started trying to get pregnant right after marriage, but battled ulcerative colitis
- Why her RE suggested IVF right away
- No real diagnosis other than low AMH levels
- Pregnancy and miscarriage after IVF, but an unsympathetic doctor
- Another clinic, another RE, and two more IVF cycles
- Success, pregnancy, and twins!
- Balancing work and treatments
- How she told her boss about miscarriage and treatments
- Sacrifices to pay for treatments and how it worked for them
- Why Jennifer highly encourages women to seek a second opinion