Hi, my name is Heather Huhman, and I am absolutely ecstatic you have found the Beat Infertility podcast. You are probably here because you have experienced infertility, or maybe you know someone who is dealing with infertility.
Before I go into the details of this particular episode, let me take a few steps back and explain podcasts for the uninitiated. (It’s totally OK if that’s you!)
The formal definition of “podcast” is a “digital audio file made available on the Internet for downloading to a computer or portable media player, typically available as a series, new installments of which can be received by subscribers automatically.” In other words, a free on-demand radio show. Specifically, you can listen to Beat Infertility in the following places:
- On this website, or download each episode individually to listen to them on your computer
- iTunes (Apple devices and PC desktops)
- Stitcher (Android devices)
- TuneIn (Apple and Android devices)
- Any number of “podcast catchers” (I use Podcast Republic on my Android phone)
Since this is our first episode together, I spend a little bit of time introducing myself and what to expect from future episodes.
I am four years into my infertility journey and have learned so much along the way. I have made every mistake possible in getting treatment. The ups and downs have been too numerous to count. I have had some tragedies that have broken my heart…and almost my will.
Although I am not at the end of my journey, and I can’t exactly share my success story with you, there are a few things I can do. I can support you as you deal with this very personal and emotional struggle. I can share stories of others who have struggled or are struggling. I can provide you with resources to help you determine what is best for you. I can create a safe place where you can share your real feelings, no matter how ugly they may seem.
Most of all, I look forward to sharing this connection with you. I know that we have much to share with each other. In sharing with each other, we can no doubt help others along the way, too.
This podcast isn’t just about me. It’s about you, too. I would love to get to know you a little better and understand your connection to infertility. So, please take a moment to leave a comment below and let me know how infertility has impacted or is currently impacting your life.
- My Medium article detailing exactly what happened to my twins
- Beat Infertility’s private Facebook group
- Information about endometriosis on RESOLVE’s website
- Information about multiple miscarriages on RESOLVE’s website
- Information about the MTHFR gene mutation
- Information about stillbirth on the March of Dimes website