Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Robert Kiltz, a board-certified reproductive endocrinologist and founder of CNY Fertility.
Dr. Kiltz and Heather discuss everything you need to know about how inflammation impacts your fertility:
- I’d like to start by hearing a little bit about you. Tell us about your professional background and training.
- Why did you choose to specialize in reproductive medicine?
- Take us through your career since your fellowship, including why you founded CNY Fertility.
- What should listeners know about the immune system and how it works?
- What is acute inflammation, and how does it impact reproductive processes?
- What is chronic inflammation, and how does it impact reproductive processes?
- What are the causes of chronic inflammation?
- What diagnostic tests can help identify causes of chronic inflammation?
- What are the pharmaceutical ways you recommend treating inflammation (low-dose steroids like Prednisone, Humira, intravenous immunoglobulins and intralipids, etc.)?
- What inflammation-causing foods should listeners avoid, and how does each impact our bodies?
- What foods should we eat instead, and how does each impact our bodies?
- How else can listeners reduce inflammation (exercise, etc.), and why does each of these suggestions help?
- Do men have to worry about inflammation, too?
- I understand CNY Fertility has egg and implantation enhancement protocols specifically aimed at treating women with inflammation issues. Can you tell us about them?
- How exactly does treating inflammation improve patient outcomes? Is there any research that supports it?
- Speaking of research, is there any new research being done in the area of inflammation and fertility?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add on the topic of inflammation?
- I’d love to hear some personal anecdotes about families and individuals you’ve worked with throughout your career.
- What words of hope would you offer to someone who’s just starting on their infertility journey?