Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Maria Rothenburger, a psychotherapist who specializes in infertility. If you haven’t already listened to it, she shared her personal infertility story in Episode 18.
- What is infertility survivor’s guilt, and how can you recognize it’s happening to you?
- Does survivor’s guilt tend to impact men and women differently?
- Tips for coping:
- Try not to compare journeys.
- Let go and realize you cannot control the outcome for other people.
- Remember it’s not your fault other people are battling infertility.
- Know that they are not mad at you for beating infertility.
- Ask them how you can help.
- Balance your empathy for others.
- Talk to them about it — and listen.
- Seek counseling if you need additional help coping.
- Become an advocate.
- Become inspired by other people’s journeys.
- Turn your guilt into something positive.
- Honor others battling infertility by living the best life you can.
- Find gratitude amidst the guilt.
- Remember that you are not alone.
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
BONUS: Check out BONUS 17 for a discount code for some of Dr. Rothenburger’s services.