Jon and Heather discuss how to get individual infertility insurance coverage:
- I’d like to start by hearing a little bit about you. Tell us who you are, where you work, what you do, and how you got to where you are today.
- Why did you choose this career?
- Health insurance policy
- Covered vs. uncovered
- Medical necessity
- Medical benefit
- Generally speaking, tell us about the different plan levels (bronze, silver, etc.) and what they mean in terms of percentage of expenses covered and premiums.
- Tell us about public vs. private insurance.
- What does it mean when an employer is fully-insured vs. self-insured?
- What is a mandate to cover vs. a mandate to offer?
- How might a company be exempt from mandates (total number of people employed, etc.)?
- Tell us about group coverage.
- Tell us about individual coverage.
- Can you clarify for us the specific differences between group and individual coverage?
- Are most people going through fertility treatments issued group or individual coverage?
- When should people be investigating new plans? Does the timing differ between group and individual coverage? Why?
- Does coverage vary between carriers and states?
- Are we entering a better climate for these benefits given the new administration?
- How do you and others in your industry get compensated for your services?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
- What words of hope would you say to infertility warriors about obtaining individual insurance coverage for treatments?