Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Janelle Luk, the medical director of Neway Fertility in New York City. She draws on her vast expertise in both traditional and alternative IVF treatments to cater to the unique needs of each individual woman.
Dr. Luk and Heather discuss In Vitro Maturation:
- What is ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, and why is it so important to try to avoid?
- The American Society for Reproductive Medicine still considers IVM experimental. Do you see this changing anytime soon? What does it take for a procedure to go from experimental to standard practice?
- Are there particular diagnoses or types of patients that are best served by IVM?
- What are the risks of IVM, as compared to traditional IVF?
- Why does your clinic offer IVM, especially considering its experimental status? Have you seen significant results compared to traditional IVF?
- What should patients consider before deciding whether or not to move forward with an IVM protocol?
- As someone who sees infertility patients on a daily basis, what words of hope would you offer to someone who’s just starting on their infertility journey right now?