Dr. Allison Rodgers is board certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, and has been practicing medicine since 2004. She currently practices at the Fertility Centers of Illinois. Dr. Rodgers’ personal experiences with both secondary infertility and pregnancy loss have given her a unique insight into reproductive medicine in order to help you BEAT INFERTILITY.
After Dr. Rodgers answers listener questions, she and Heather explore everything you need to know about how to improve the likelihood of implantation:
- Before we get into specifics about how to improve the likelihood of implantation, I thought it might be good to start with an overview of the stages an embryo goes through leading up to implantation. Can you take us through a timeline?
- Let’s break down the key elements that can maximize the likelihood of implantation. For each, let’s discuss the science behind them and actionable steps listeners can take to improve each one.
- Egg quality
- Sperm quality
- Embryo quality
- Number of embryos transferred during IVF
- The woman’s overall health
- The woman’s lifestyle
- The man’s overall health
- Shape of the uterus and fallopian tubes
- Lining of the uterus
- Luteal support
Have a question you want Dr. Rodgers to answer next time she’s on? Click here.