Today’s success story is about a woman named Kate. She is a former model who ended up giving up her career in order to conceive a child. Knowing her lack of periods would one day impact her ability to have a baby, she preemptively began seeing a reproductive endocrinologist even before she became engaged. Once she and her husband were married, they headed back to the RE and tried timed intercourse, IUI, and eventually IVF. Join us to hear how, after two miscarriages, they decided to give it one last try with a frozen embryo transfer.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Before infertility, Kate was obsessed with being thin, healthy, and fit, yet she struggled with lifelong anxiety
- How Kate and her husband met as babies
- Why Kate’s exercise and fitness led to a lack of periods and a concern about fertility
- A variety of treatments led to a series of IUIs, pregnancy, and miscarriage
- When she moved to IVF, there was another pregnancy and another loss
- How a frozen transfer finally led to success!
- Kate’s lowest point
- How she regained hope, in part due to her husband’s encouragement and support
- How Kate entered a mind-body program that included meditation, relaxation, and acupuncture
- How she learned that motherhood was going to happen
- Why Kate put her modeling career on hold
- How infertility made her less squeamish and more empathetic