Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Maria Rothenburger, a psychotherapist who specializes in infertility. If you haven’t already listened to it, she shared her personal infertility story in Episode 18.
Dr. Rothenburger and Heather discuss everything you need to know about HeartMath:
- What is emotional health, what is mental health, and how do they differ?
- What misconceptions might infertility warriors have about emotional and mental health, and what are the facts?
- What is HearthMath?
- Why is it called “HeartMath”? (Why “Health” and “Math”?)
- Are HeartMath techniques simply types of relaxation/meditation techniques?
- How are the heart and brain connected?
- What is coherence, and what is it not?
- Can you explain heart rate variability (HRV) and why it’s important?
- How are heart rate rhythm patterns and emotions connected?
- What is the role of breathing in HeartMath?
- How can listeners practice HearthMath on their own?
- Should listeners find a HeartMath practitioner? If so, how?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
- What words of hope would you offer to listeners who want to improve their emotional and mental health?
BONUS: Check out BONUS 17 for a discount code for some of Dr. Rothenburger’s services.