Today’s bonus episode guest is Justine Froelker. She is a therapist and author of Ever Upward, a book about her infertility journey and her life thereafter.
Justine and Heather discuss how to find happiness in a life without children:
- Tell us about your personal journey with infertility. How long did you try, what were you diagnosed with, etc.?
- How do you think infertility has changed you as a person? What about your relationships with others?
- You are very outspoken about how IVF isn’t for everyone. What would you like to share with listeners about how difficult, expensive and painful IVF can be?
- How would you advise couples weighing adoption and surrogacy as options to complete their families?
- A lot of guests on my show talk about not giving up hope, but you take issue with that message. Why?
- How did you discover a rich life without children? What did it take to get to that point?
- What advice would you offer to other couples about reaching acceptance of a life without children?
- How have you and your husband maintained a strong relationship throughout your infertility struggles? Are there any lessons there other couples can learn from?
- What parting words of advice would you like to leave with Beat Infertility listeners?
Words of Hope:We have to have a healthier definition of hope. I must practice active acceptance of what I cannot change. Click To Tweet
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Justine’s book, Ever Upward
Enjoy This Episode?
* Make a one-time or ongoing donation to the show.
* Tell your fertility clinic and/or in-person support group about the show.
* Leave a review on iTunes to bring awareness of the show to others.
For other ways to support the show, click here.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thank you so much for listening this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!