Today’s bonus episode guest is Justine Froelker. She is a therapist and author of Ever Upward, a book about her infertility journey and her life thereafter.< Justine and Heather discuss how to find happiness in a life without children:
- Tell us about your personal journey with infertility. How long did you try, what were you diagnosed with, etc.?
- How do you think infertility has changed you as a person? What about your relationships with others?
- You are very outspoken about how IVF isn’t for everyone. What would you like to share with listeners about how difficult, expensive and painful IVF can be?
- How would you advise couples weighing adoption and surrogacy as options to complete their families?
- A lot of guests on my show talk about not giving up hope, but you take issue with that message. Why?
- How did you discover a rich life without children? What did it take to get to that point?
- What advice would you offer to other couples about reaching acceptance of a life without children?
- How have you and your husband maintained a strong relationship throughout your infertility struggles? Are there any lessons there other couples can learn from?
- What parting words of advice would you like to leave with Beat Infertility listeners?
Words of Hope:We have to have a healthier definition of hope. I must practice active acceptance of what I cannot change. Click To Tweet
- Justine’s book, Ever Upward