Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Maria Rothenburger, a psychotherapist who specializes in infertility. If you haven’t already listened to it, she shared her personal infertility story in Episode 18.
Dr. Rothenburger and Heather discuss how to handle uncertainty throughout your infertility journey:
- What are physical reactions to uncertainty?
- What are thoughts that come up around uncertainty?
- How are uncertainty and stress related? Please explain.
- What is emotional intelligence, and what role does it play with uncertainty?
- Do people respond to uncertainty differently? Please explain.
- What is intolerance of uncertainty, and what questions can listeners ask themselves to determine how intolerant they are?
- What are the best ways to handle uncertainty?
- What does it mean to challenge uncertainty?
- What steps can listeners follow to challenge their uncertainty?
- What does it mean to reach acceptance of uncertainty?
- What steps can listeners follow to reach acceptance?
- What are some ways other people in their lives can help listeners overcome uncertainty, and how can listeners ask for what they need?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
- What words of hope would you offer to listeners who have not yet mastered handling their uncertainty?
BONUS: Check out BONUS 17 for a discount code for some of Dr. Rothenburger’s services.