Dr. Curchoe and Heather discuss the first of the top 10 priorities for future infertility research:
- My embryo was abnormal… why did you still freeze it?
- How do you grade embryos and what does the grade mean?
- What is the process for transferring gametes from one clinic to another? Is it safe?
- How long do cryopreserved embryos last?
- What are the options if I/we no longer wish to store the embryos? How are embryos discarded?
TOP RESEARCH PRIORITIES
- An article was published in Human Reproduction in November 2020 outlining the top future infertility-related research priorities. Before we dive into the specifics, can you tell us about the study design, methods, and limitations?
- Research priority #1: What are the causes of implantation failure?
- A review of the placenta!
- What is implantation failure or RIF?
- What is progesterone resistance?
- What is a shifted window of receptivity?
- What does decreased integrin expression mean?
- What are the immune system disturbances that can cause IF?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
- What words of hope would you offer to infertility warriors about the future of infertility research?