Dr. Allison Rodgers is board certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, and has been practicing medicine since 2004. She currently practices at the Fertility Centers of Illinois. Dr. Rodgers’ personal experiences with both secondary infertility and pregnancy loss have given her a unique insight into reproductive medicine in order to help you BEAT INFERTILITY.
After Dr. Rodgers answers listener questions, she and Heather explore everything you need to know about fertility options for the LGBT community:
- When a member of the LGBT community makes an appointment at a fertility clinic, what can they expect in terms of the first several appointments?
- How often do you see members of the LGBT community diagnosed with infertility as a result of their initial testing? Is this something they should prepare for as a possibility?
- Treatment options:
- Donor sperm
- Donor eggs
- Gestational carrier/surrogacy
- Support services:
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
Have a question you want Dr. Rodgers to answer next time she’s on? Click here.
Words of Hope:Get help when you're ready and we can be super successful in putting plans together to help you have a family. Click To Tweet
Mentioned in This Episode:
Enjoy This Episode?
* Make a one-time or ongoing donation to the show.
* Tell your fertility clinic and/or in-person support group about the show.
* Leave a review on iTunes to bring awareness of the show to others.
For other ways to support the show, click here.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thank you so much for listening this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!