Today’s bonus episode guest is infertility warriors Carolynn Dube and Kaeleigh MacDonald of Fertility Matters Canada.
Carolynn, Kaeleigh and Heather discuss access to fertility coverage and support across Canada:
- Carolynn, you are the executive director of Fertility Matters Canada — Canada’s premier voice for fertility issues, similar to RESOLVE here in the U.S. Take us through your career and what made you want to work in this space.
- Kaeleigh, you’ve been on the show before (Episode 12 and BONUS 140) but could you remind listeners about your journey, where you are now, and about your work with Fertility Matters?
- I don’t know as much about the fertility support system and clinics in Canada. Carolynn, how do you feel the atmosphere differs in Canada from the U.S.?
- It sounds like Fertility Matters is doing a lot! Carolynn, what would you like listeners to know about what the organization is doing right now to increase access to fertility coverage and support across Canada?
- Wow, I didn’t know that there were so many challenges with fertility access in Canada. Kaeleigh, as a patient yourself, how did you find navigating these challenges in order to conceive?
- This week is Canadian Infertility Awareness Week (CIAW) and National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW) here in the U.S. What does this mean to you, Carolynn? What do you guys have in the works, and what is your focus this year?
- Is there anything we in the U.S. can be doing to help our fellow Canadian warriors — and vice versa — to access care?
- What is realistically achievable in the next year?
- Kaeleigh, is there anything else you’d like to share?
- What words of hope would you offer to Canadian infertility warriors who are still on this journey?