Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Maria Rothenburger, a psychotherapist who specializes in infertility. If you haven’t already listened to it, she shared her personal infertility story in Episode 18.
Dr. Rothenburger and Heather discuss exactly what to do when you’re feeling hopeless on your infertility journey:
- Difference between hopelessness and clinical depression
- Feel the feels, including letting yourself feel hopeless
- Practice radical self care
- Live in the present
- Talk with others who get you
- Stop the Dr. Google madness, or any news-related thing that could potentially foster the hopelessness
- Get to a therapist
- Random acts of kindness
- Gratitude journal
BONUS: Check out BONUS 17 for a discount code for some of Dr. Rothenburger’s services.