Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Felice Gersh, who is board certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Integrative Medicine.
Dr. Gersh and Heather discuss everything you need to know about fasting for fertility:
- I’d like to start by hearing a little bit about you. Tell us about your academic background and training.
- Why did you choose to specialize in fertility-related field?
- Take us through your career, including how you ended up in your own private practice.
FASTING FOR FERTILITY
- What does optimal fertility have to do with optimal health?
- What is the connection between health and fertility?
- How does nutrient status impact fertility?
- What is metabolism and why does it matter for fertility?
- What are the innate mechanisms in the female body that monitor the state of metabolic health?
- What are the different types of fasting and benefits of each?
- How can fasting impact metabolism and overall female health and how does that connect with fertility?
- When should a woman fast during her menstrual cycle?
- Can you go over how/when throughout a woman’s lifespan she should fast?
- What is the Fasting Mimicking Diet?
- What common fasting mistakes do you see in your practice?
- Why is it important to be in a metabolically optimal state prior to pregnancy?
- How does the state of health of the mom impact the developing baby?
- How can potentially fasting help reduce pregnancy complications and set the stage for a healthy baby?
- What is time restricted eating and how can that impact fertility?
- What’s the best diet to consume while doing time restricted eating and between episodes of periodic or intermittent fasting?
- How can the diet impact fertility?
- How can the diet impact the course of a pregnancy?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
- What words of hope would you offer to someone who’s just started their infertility journey?
- Dr. Felice Gersh, board certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Integrative Medicine
- PCOS SOS: A Gynecologist’s Lifeline To Naturally Restore Your Rhythms, Hormones, and Happiness by Dr. Felice Gersh