Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Carol Curchoe, the founder of ART Compass, a senior clinical embryologist at a fertility clinic and a board-certified technical supervisor in embryology
Dr. Curchoe and Heather discuss how to know if your IVF lab is using the latest technologies:
- I’d like to start by hearing a little bit about you. Tell us about your academic background and training.
- Why did you choose a career in reproductive physiology?
- Take us through your career.
EVALUATING IVF LABS
- Broadly speaking, how can listeners tell if their IVF lab is good or they should switch clinics?
- Embryologist training systems
- Electronic “witnessing”
- Reagent traceability
- Laser biopsy vs. flick biopsy
- Quality control applications and network of sensors “IoT”
- Patient scheduling and medication management, patient portals, and EMRs
- Electronic consent
- Cryostorage alarm systems
- Cryostorage management, including “blockchain” applications for traceability, “embryo tagging,” AI fingerprinting of an embryo
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
- What words of hope would you offer to infertility warriors who are overwhelmed by the process of evaluating their IVF lab?