Today’s success story is about a woman named Becky. Like most women with endometriosis, she always suspected she was going to have trouble conceiving. However, when her RE brought up IVF at the very first appointment, she just wasn’t ready. Join us to hear how she worked her way through lower intervention treatments first before eventually finding hope via IVF.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Before infertility, Becky was a nurse with a type A personality
- How she met and married her husband and wanted to pursue the dream of having kids
- How her obstetrician found problems
- Why Becky felt disenchanted after her first RE visit
- The diagnosis: stage 2 endometriosis and subsequent surgery
- Becky’s treatment path
- The horrible two-week wait
- How Becky balanced work and treatments and made sacrifices to pay for them
- Regained hope
- How Becky used self-care like abdominal massage, acupuncture, and more
- Does infertility change a person? Becky shares her personal opinion.