Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Maria Rothenburger, a psychotherapist who specializes in infertility. If you haven’t already listened to it, she shared her personal infertility story in Episode 18.
Dr. Rothenburger and Heather discuss everything you need to know about the emotional side of miscarriage and recurrent loss — and how you can support others going through it:
- If you are miscarrying or have been told you are going to miscarry, what might you expect to happen emotionally?
- Recurrent pregnancy loss almost feels like a category of its own. Are the emotions experienced any different?
- What tips do you have for coping with a loss that’s happening, about to happen, or recently happened?
- How do men and women grieve pregnancy loss differently? What are some ways to get through it as a couple?
- What about the fear associated with getting pregnant again after a miscarriage or recurrent loss? What tips do you have for managing it?
- What are some ways to tell other people you’ve had a miscarriage or pregnancy loss?
- How can listeners support others who are experiencing a miscarriage?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
BONUS: Check out BONUS 17 for a discount code for some of Dr. Rothenburger’s services.