Today’s success story is about a woman named Rebecca. Although she always assumed she would be a mother, she approached trying to conceive by not taking anything for granted. Once she was faced with the fact that both she and her husband had fertility challenges, she still wasn’t anxious to jump onboard the IVF train because she worried about having leftover embryos. Join us to hear how she eventually found her way to IVF multiple times, had her daughter, and is now pregnant with baby #2.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- How Rebecca met her husband at a bar with friends
- After marriage, they went from actively trying NOT to have a child to actively trying to get pregnant
- The first RE appointment, excited to start testing and get answers
- Why Rebecca never lost hope in the treatment plan
- Rebecca’s high point: finding her first infertility friend
- IUI and then on to IVF
- After ups, downs, and nine months, a baby girl!
- Balancing work and fertility treatments
- How infertility treatment costs work in Australia
- Preparing for more IVF but wanting to try naturally for another child: getting pregnant on their own
- Infertility has changed Rebecca by making her a stronger person