Today’s success story is about a woman named Janelle. After trying to conceive for a year, she attended her first RE appointment alone and was overwhelmed by an immediate tubal factor diagnosis. And the bad news didn’t end there. A short time later, her husband was diagnosed with a pretty severe case of male factor infertility, and they were sent straight to IVF. Join us to hear how they found success anyway — and even have two healthy embryos remaining.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Who Janelle was before infertility: happy, with a great career and marriage, and a great life!
- How she met her husband — he was her roommate!
- Always wanting to be a mom
- Trying to conceive, but afraid to hear bad news from the doctor
- The first RE visit: bad news and multiple diagnoses
- Surgery options and insurance red tape
- Losing hope, but finding it again through RESOLVE
- Connecting with others on the infertility journey
- Going straight to IVF
- The emotional struggle of contemplating donor sperm as a backup
- The thrill of success
- Balancing work and treatments
- Tips for cutting out-of-pocket costs
- How infertility has changed Janelle: “It has made me more compassionate toward others’ struggles and full of immense gratitude.”
- Advice to the younger Janelle: “Stop feeding into the negativity.”