Today’s success story is about a woman named Ashley. Because she quickly became pregnant with her first child, she didn’t expect to struggle with infertility. Although she had known about her endometriosis diagnosis since she was a teenager, she and her husband were shocked to learn they both had a myriad of issues, including PCOS, the MTHFR gene mutation, a blood clotting disorder, low sperm count, and more. Join us to hear how, following multiple miscarriages and the loss of one tube, she finally found success.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Before infertility, an outgoing and fun-loving Ashley
- How Ashley and her husband met through an online dating service
- Trying to get pregnant for 2.5 years, trying Clomid, and seeing an RE for the first time
- Diagnosed with endometriosis at age 16, and then later with PCOS, the MTHFR gene mutation, a blood-clotting disorder, AND male factor infertility
- Three miscarriages, a lost fallopian tube, and lost hope
- Five IUIs — and the final one worked!
- Why Ashley tried a new product to aid conception: the Stork OTC
- Balancing work and treatments for awhile
- Crunching the financial numbers to afford treatments
- How infertility changed Ashley by making her more understanding, more sympathetic, and less judgmental
- Why Ashley decided to deal with the depression of infertility by seeing a therapist
- Ashley’s advice she would have given to herself: “Don’t be so critical, even though you know things aren’t working and you think it’s all your fault.”