Our success story today is Lauren. She was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2001 and later with diminished ovarian reserve at age 35.< She had previously suffered a miscarriage at almost six weeks along and describes it as the most intense grief she has ever experienced.
Due to her poor egg quality and a specific genetic abnormality, Lauren and her husband chose to use donor eggs to conceive their daughter, now 10 months old. Lauren candidly shares the ups and downs of her process to BEAT INFERTILITY through egg donation.
Words of Hope:Once your child is in your arms, it doesn’t really matter how they got there. Click To Tweet
Whom We’re Following:
Welcome back to Caroline, who told her story in our fourth episode. She and her husband face dual factor infertility and are now taking an all-natural approach. At this point, they are not pursuing any treatments but just waiting for what God has for them. Caroline is very open about her faith that sustains her through each disappointment, and her joy that isn’t dependent upon circumstances.
Caroline’s journey has lasted almost four years, but she remains hopeful. She details the natural lifestyle they are pursuing, including acupuncture, strict diet, vitamins, and essential oils.
- Lauren’s blog, On Fecund Thought
- Caroline’s blog, In Due Time
- Information about endometriosis from RESOLVE’s website
- Information about diminished ovarian reserve from the Center for Human Reproduction’s website
- Information about acupuncture for fertility from the American Pregnancy Association’s website
- Natural Fertility Info website