Today’s success story is about a woman named Stephanie. She always assumed she would have a family one day and be able to conceive when she was ready, which for her, wasn’t until she was 38 years old. However, her husband wasn’t ready just yet, and she knew they had to approach their family with a united front. So, she waited. At 42 years old, she found herself in a RE’s office being diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve and a 2% chance of getting pregnant with her own eggs. Join us to hear how she never lost hope, despite her grim diagnosis and multiple miscarriages.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Before infertility, Stephanie lived a full and active life, full of travel and adventure
- Now, at age 46, she works part-time for the federal government and runs her own fertility coaching/counseling business to fulfill her dream of helping others
- How Stephanie met her husband when she volunteered at a public TV show
- Stephanie’s moment when she realized she DID want to be a mother
- Working together toward a time to be “ready”
- Trying and succeeding in getting pregnant: “This is easy!”
- A subsequent miscarriage led to a D&C and an RE appointment
- The first RE appointment: scared, ashamed, and nervous
- Diagnosis: severe diminished ovarian reserve
- Trying to remain hopeful and realizing what I COULD and COULD NOT control
- Two IUIs and then a break to go inward
- Diet and lifestyle changes, with a focus on mindfulness
- A fond memory during the successful pregnancy from the fourth IUI cycle
- Calmness and confidence
- How infertility has changed Stephanie: “Infertility has empowered me and caused me to have greater strength and resolve.”
- Stephanie’s advice to someone else in her situation: “It’s an incredibly emotional and brutal process that’s not for the faint of heart. There is so much we can’t control, but there are things we can control.”
- Stephanie’s fertility counseling and coaching business, using her knowledge and experience to help others
Words of Hope:It only takes one. You don't need a stockpile of eggs to be successful. Click To Tweet
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Stephanie’s fertility coaching business
- Information about diminished ovarian reserve
- Information about advanced reproductive age
Enjoy This Episode?
* Make a one-time or ongoing donation to the show.
* Tell your fertility clinic and/or in-person support group about the show.
* Leave a review on iTunes to bring awareness of the show to others.
For other ways to support the show, click here.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thank you so much for listening this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!