Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Maria Rothenburger, a psychotherapist who specializes in infertility. If you haven’t already listened to it, she shared her personal infertility story in Episode 18.
Dr. Rothenburger and Heather discuss how couples can get and stay on the same page about fertility treatments by going through some common scenarios:
- One person wanted to wait to have children, and now that they’re struggling, the other person feels resentful toward them
- One person is ready to seek the help of a RE but the other is not
- One person feels guilty because the infertility is on their side
- One person feels hopeful but the other doesn’t
- One person feels worried or stressed but the other doesn’t
- One person is ready to advance to the next stage of treatment but the other is not
- One person is open to the idea of adoption or third-party reproduction but the other is not
- One person is ready to take a break or stop trying altogether but the other is not
- Outside of these specific scenarios, what other tips do you have for couples looking to get on the same page about fertility treatments?
BONUS: Check out BONUS 17 for a discount code for some of Dr. Rothenburger’s services.