Lisa and Heather discuss everything you need to know about how to choose an egg donor:
- I’d like to start by hearing a little bit more about you and The Center for Family Building. Tell us about your professional background and what The Center for Family Building does.
- I understand you personally experienced infertility. Take us through your journey to motherhood and how it compelled you to found The Center for Family Building.
- What is going through the mind of someone who’s just been told they need or should strongly consider donor eggs?
- How does someone know if they are emotionally ready to move forward with donated eggs?
- How are egg donors screened?
- What is the difference between fresh and frozen egg donor cycles? What are the pros and cons of each?
- Are there any other financial considerations should couples considering egg donation take into account?
- How can couples decide whether or not fresh or frozen egg donation is right for them?
- What is the difference between using an egg donation agency and going through your fertility clinic?
- How can couples decide whether using an agency or their clinic is right for them?
- Assuming they move forward with an egg donation agency, how can couples evaluate them and determine which one is right for them?
- Assuming they move forward with fertility clinic as the source of their egg donor, how can couples evaluate clinics and determine which one is right for them?
- Are there any particular qualities and characteristics in an egg donor that you recommend couples consider? Take us through each one and why it’s important.
- How can couples decide what qualities and characteristics are most important to them in an egg donor?
- Are there contracts involved in the egg donation process? If so, walk us through that.
- Are couples ever allowed to know who their donor is in order to stay in touch? If so, how do you recommend they nurture and continue this relationship?
- What should couples take into consideration when thinking about using a known donor, such as a friend or family member?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
- Do you have two or three egg donation success stories you can share with us?
- What words of hope would you offer to someone who knows they need an egg donor to build their family?