Today’s bonus episode guest is Dr. Maria Rothenburger, a psychotherapist who specializes in infertility. If you haven’t already listened to it, she shared her personal infertility story in Episode 18.
Dr. Rothenburger and Heather discuss how to regain your sense of self while struggling with infertility:
- I find it hard to remember who I was before being diagnosed with infertility. Is that common?
- How can we help ourselves remember that other person — or at least the person we’d like to be?
- What steps do you recommend taking in order to become that person?
- Some people are so changed by their journey that they feel they require a change in career or something equally major. How common is this? Is it always a wise move?
- One thing that’s often missing from every infertility journey is a sense of control, which the vast majority of us crave. What ways can we regain that sense of control in other aspects of our lives?
- Are there certain activities everyone can do to regain their sense of self?
- What are some things the people around us can do to help us become the real us again?
- What is one last tip you’d like to leave with listeners about how they can become themselves again?
BONUS: Check out BONUS 17 for a discount code for some of Dr. Rothenburger’s services.
Words of Hope:Acceptance is saying, ‘Ok, this is happening. What is my role and how can I move forward?’ Click To Tweet
- Miracles Happen Fertility Center
- Infertility and Identity: New Strategies for Treatment by Lara Deveraux and Ann Hammerman