Dr. Allison Rodgers is board certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, and has been practicing medicine since 2004. She currently practices at the Fertility Centers of Illinois. Dr. Rodgers’ personal experiences with both secondary infertility and pregnancy loss have given her a unique insight into reproductive medicine in order to help you BEAT INFERTILITY.
After Dr. Rodgers answers listener questions, she and Heather explore everything you need to know about autoimmune disease and infertility:
- What is autoimmunity, and what are some common examples of autoimmune diseases?
- How does autoimmunity impact fertility?
- What causes autoimmunity?
- How is autoimmunity diagnosed?
- How common is autoimmunity? Is it something everyone should be tested for, or only in certain situations?
- How is autoimmunity treated in terms of medication or procedures when it comes to fertility?
- Is IUI or IVF more successful and therefore recommended for an autoimmune patient?
- What words of hope would you offer to a couple whose infertility is caused by an autoimmune disease?