Today’s bonus episode guests are Elizabeth Walker and Maria Novotny, from The ART of Infertility project. They are here to tell us about the project and how you can become involved.
Elizabeth was diagnosed with a luteal phase defect, endometriosis, and diminished ovarian reserve. She has been through timed intercourse, IUIs, IVF, and miscarriage. Elizabeth and her husband are exploring the possibility of remaining child-free, but are also still considering a donor embryo and possible adoption.
Maria was initially unwilling to admit that she needed infertility treatment. She joined RESOLVE and found support, but has been in a holding pattern with her treatment. She and her husband are considering adoption or whatever else may be the next step for them.
Elizabeth and Maria answer the following questions about The ART of Infertility:
- Before we dive into today’s episode, I’d love to hear your personal infertility stories. Elizabeth, why don’t you go first. When did you first start trying to have a baby, when did you know you needed help, what was your diagnosis, etc.? Maria, how about you?
- What is the ART of Infertility, and why did you start it?
- What are your goals for this project?
- Maria, what is your role with the ART of Infertility, and how did you become involved?
- Tell me about the artwork currently being exhibited.
- What does the upcoming exhibit schedule look like?
- How can others become involved in the project?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add that we haven’t already discussed?
- What keeps you both hopeful?