Today’s bonus episode guest is Emma Brockes, a single parent by choice and author of An Excellent Choice.
Emma and Heather discuss her journey to parenthood and subsequent book:
BACKGROUND AND STORY
- Tell me a bit about yourself. How old are you, what do you do for a living, what do you do for fun, etc.?
- Think about your life before you set out to become a single parent. Back then, how would you describe you as a person?
- I understand it took you almost three years to make up your mind about becoming a single parent. Take me through what went into that final decision.
- Tell me about the moment when you made your decision to become a single parent.
- It took you five months to conceive your daughters. Tell me about those five months.
- Knowing what you know now, is there anything you would have done differently?
WRITING & THE BOOK
- You’re a writer by trade, but what made you want to turn this part of your life into a book?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Where did you decide to draw the line in terms of invading your children’s privacy?
- What was it like to write a book during the first two years of your children’s lives?
- Why is writing about infertility and single parenthood important?
- How has the book been received by readers?
- Did you learn anything about yourself or the world of fertility treatments through the process of writing this book?
- What’s next for you as a writer?
- Where can listeners buy the book?
- What words of hope would you offer to the single woman listening right now who’s either been thinking about pursuing motherhood on her own or has just started down that path?
- An Excellent Choice by Emma Brockes